If you share your home with a furry friend who loves to lounge indoors, you’re no stranger to the never-ending battle against dog hair. Cleaning day becomes a daunting task, especially when those pesky hairs find their way into your beloved carpets.
So, what’s the secret to effortlessly removing dog hair from carpets? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! In this article, we’ll unveil two easy methods that will leave your carpets looking immaculate. Whether you’re tackling the task yourself or seeking the convenience of move-in/move-out cleaning services, these techniques will make dog hair removal a breeze. Say goodbye to those clingy hairs and hello to a beautifully clean carpet!
How to remove dog hair from the carpet
The secret to efficient hair removal is to loosen up and gather all the hair for pickup. So, here are two methods that work wonders depending on your tools at hand.
Method #1. Fabric softener method
Most of the issue with hair stuck on the carpet is static cling. If you can remove the electric charge, it’ll be easier for the vacuum cleaner to do its job. Fabric softener works by coating surfaces with chemicals and making the fabric less electrically charged.
Applying this principle, you can trap more hair than you thought possible. For this method, you will need the following:
- Fabric softener
- An empty spray bottle
- Vacuum cleaner
With your tools handy, it’s time to remove hair!
- Step 1: Prepare a mix of three parts water and one part fabric softener inside the spray bottle.
- Step 2: Spray a gentle mist over the whole surface of the carpet. Don’t go overboard!
- Step 3: Wait a few minutes, so the softener has reacted on the carpet and dried. Now it should be without static charge.
- Step 4: Use your vacuum cleaner repeatedly over the carpet. You should be catching lots of loose hair now.
Method #2. Remove hair without a vacuum cleaner
Perhaps you don’t have access to a vacuum cleaner right now! Fortunately, there’s an alternative. If you have a squeegee at home, you’ll be amazed at how easy it can bring all the hair together.
This method is a no-brainer. Just grab a squeegee (the wider, the better), broom, and dustpan. Here’s how to do it in two steps:
- Step 1: Push your squeegee on the carpet and go along the whole floor, driving the hairs to a point where you’ll gather them all.
- Step 2: With your broom and dustpan, sweep the hair, and you’re done—pretty easy, right?
Pro tip: Rubber gloves are another great tool if you don’t have a squeegee. Sweep your hands across the carpet, and catch the hair with the bumps on the palms. Just make sure you grab a thick pair of gloves so they can resist the task.
Let the professionals clean your carpets instead!
Removing hair might seem breezy thanks to these methods. However, cleaning your carpets on top of many other tasks at home can wear you down. Fortunately, you can hire the best cleaners in McKinney! The Cleaning Force is a team of certified cleaners that can take care of your carpets and other essential house chores.