When it comes to keeping our homes clean, we all have our routines. We diligently tackle the living rooms and kitchens daily, ensuring they sparkle and shine. But what about the other rooms? Those hidden corners and forgotten spaces that often go unnoticed? It’s time to uncover the truth about deep cleaning and how frequently each room in your home truly needs it.
With the help of trusted maid services, we’ll delve into the secrets of maintaining a pristine living environment. From bedrooms to bathrooms, we’ll unravel the mystery of how often these spaces require a thorough deep clean. Say goodbye to uncertainty and hello to a well-maintained and refreshed home.
Read on to learn how often your home needs a thorough cleaning.
What’s included in a deep cleaning?
Also known as spring cleaning, deep cleaning is a complete routine with special attention to getting rid of germs, bacteria, and viruses. It’s on top of regular cleaning, covering both heavily used areas and nooks and crannies.
You should pay more attention to these four rooms: the living room, kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom. There isn’t a rule on how often you should deep clean your home, but here are a few pointers that’ll help you be on top of house cleaning.
How often should you deep clean your home
Every homeowner knows that they’ll need to deep clean every room in their house sooner or later. However, it’s hard to know when it’s time, and things can get complicated considering your home’s different areas, appliances, furniture, and fixtures.
Are you not sure if cleaning is overdue? Here is a general guideline on how often you should clean every room in your home!
The living room
This common area is a gathering place for the family, but also germs gather here, whether it’s on dusty knick-knacks or unwashed fabrics. Besides, the overall air quality will improve with deep cleaning. Find out how often you should deep clean the living room:
- Carpets: You should deep clean your carpets once or twice a year to remove all that dust buildup. The vacuum cleaner is your best friend in this task.
- Baseboards: Once again, vacuum cleaning is key but make sure to use the brush attachment. Do this task every quarter of the year.
- Windows: Wash the glass once a month. Besides, the drapes require grime removal at least twice a year.
- Deep dusting: Remove dust from corners and hidden places at least twice a year.
The place where you cook is probably where most spills and mess happen. Here are the appliances and surfaces that you should deep clean—and how often.
- Refrigerator: Clean inside on a monthly basis—look for food spills and expired items. The shelving and drawers can be dirty, so don’t forget to wash them.
- Microwave: Check weekly for food splatters and odors from recurrent use. Don’t forget the glass turntable while you’re at it.
- Stove/Oven: There isn’t an exact time to clean this but tackle the task once the smell and buildup are noticeable.
- Cabinetry and hidden spots: Tackle grease buildup and dust at least twice a year.
The bathroom is perhaps the room you clean the most in your home. Keeping it spotless and germ-free is essential to avoid health issues and odor.
- Toilet: Scrub the bowl weekly to break down mineral buildup.
- Showers: Beware of moisture-loving bacteria. Be sure to clean the shower every week—including the shower curtains.
- Showerheads: The showerhead will have mineral deposits and even get clogged. Remove it to clean the mineral and unclog the holes once a year.
Maybe your bedroom doesn’t have as much traffic like the living room. However, when you go to sleep, you leave traces of natural oil and dead skin cells on the bedding. Here is how often you need to deep clean some areas in your bedroom:
- Pillows: Wash them with every change of season to remove dust mites and dead skin cells.
- Linens: Clean them weekly—they are in direct contact with your skin.
- Mattress: Clean it every six months. You can use baking soda and your vacuum cleaner for this task.
- Deep dusting: Dust thoroughly every corner and knick-knack at least twice a year.
Let the professionals clean your home!
Meticulous cleaning can be time-consuming; luckily, there’s always the option of letting someone else handle your deep cleaning. At The Cleaning Force, we take pride in achieving dust-free living rooms, squeaky clean kitchens, and spotless bathrooms.
Call right now or get a quote here!